Valentine’s Day ideas to promote your glamping business
Last minute Valentine’s Day ideas to promote your glamping business
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. If you haven’t even had time to think about Valentine’s promotions, you are not alone! That’s why we’ve compiled a list of last minute ideas to help wow guests staying at your glamping site this Valentine’s weekend.
Put together Valentine’s Day packages
There are endless possibilities when putting together gift baskets or packages. According to the 2021 Valentine’s Day Survey from offers.com, this year’s most wanted gift is food. If your glamping business has on-site food and beverage services, there are a lot of ideas you can try:
- Offer a discount for couples of Valentine’s day
- Raffle off a meal for two
- Invite guests to dine at your on-site restaurant
- Put together a meal package that includes an appetizer, 2 entrees, and a dessert
If your glamping site doesn’t have food and beverage services, you can still put together some nice gifts. Some options you could include:
- Box of chocolates
- Promotional coupons for local restaurants
- Champagne or wine
- Baked goods from a local bakery
- Chocolate covered strawberries
Any of these options could be put together as a package that a lucky glamping couple could win as prize or you could add them as an extra service to easily upgrade their reservation. The convenience alone is sure to impress your guests.
Show your customers some love
Another simple option to impress your glamping guests is by simply expressing your appreciation for their business. You could put together cards wishing them a nice stay on Valentine’s Day or sprinkle flower petals on the bed to make their room feel more romantic. Try adding a little love-inspired décor around your glamping site. Even sending out an e-card to guests on your email list wishing them a Happy Valentine’s Day would be something quick and simple to do. There’s also the option to allow guests to display photos on a love board in your lobby/main office area or even on a love tree – and if you choose to do something like that, promote it online so previous guests can send in photos they want added to the board as well!
Photo: YALA Luxury Canvas Lodges
Accommodate last minute shoppers
Did you know that 60% of all Valentine’s shopping occurs on or within 5 days of the 14th? This makes for a great time to promote any of the package ideas listed in the first point in this article, but also allows for some other unique ideas:
- Try asking a local vendor if they want to setup a table at your glamping site to sell their products. This is an inexpensive option that benefits both you and the vendor! Try catering the products towards last minute gifts:
- Florist company
- A vendor that has handmade gifts
- Local jewelry store
- A boutique
- Showcase one of your glamping accommodations, catered towards couples
- Add a gift wrapping station or service for last minute shoppers
- Put together a quick gift guide for guests to browse
- Bonus points for suggesting local businesses that they can purchase the gifts from
- Host a virtual event
- You can have a showing of romantic movies
- Concert series for local artists to play music
- Try a DIY project for two
Options for pet lovers
Don’t forget about the fur families! You could easily offer quick gift options for guests who have pets. Set up a little station that has toys and treats for purchase. Promote a local pet store or even a pet bakery. Suggest some local trails for your glamping guests to take their dogs on a scenic walk or provide directions to near by dog parks.
Include something for the singles
Valentine’s day isn’t always a fun time for single people. Help brighten their weekend by tailoring some of these ideas towards “singles appreciation day” as well. Setup some specials for singles at your on-site restaurant or have an accommodation package special that includes room service for one.
Ask for a little love
Another great option is to ask guests for some feedback on their visit. Ask them to “show some love” on Valentine’s Day by leaving a review on TripAdvisor or Google. You can add this as a small card in their room or send out an e-newsletter asking for feedback.
It’s important to remember that you don’t always have to spend money to impress your guests! There are plenty of inexpensive marketing ideas that you can use to promote your glamping site for Valentine’s day. Let us know what other ideas you have!